Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Warning about free shipping code

  1. #41
    mypinkmermaid
    Guest mypinkmermaid's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by OSusannah:
    I've phoned orders and spoken to CS, both numerous times, and have never had a bad experience with anyone. Occasionally a rep seems not very friendly but when I made a joke or continue being friendly with them they come around...but noone has ever been rude to me. I would not allow it. I always remember the name they give me when they answer just in case and would immediately ask to speak to their superior if I were improperly treated.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that's what it comes down to, is what kind of mood you are in when you call, and what kind of experience you invite, or tolerate.

  2. #42
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mypinkmermaid:

    I think that's what it comes down to, is what kind of mood you are in when you call, and what kind of experience you invite, or tolerate.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You have to remember that that customer service person, phone rep., etc. may have just dealt with a really annoying customer five seconds before you called; it would be tough for anyone to bounce back from that. I think it must be a really tough job to have, because they're supposed to sound happy and friendly all of the time. I've had companies treat me nastily over the phone when I've been perfectly nice (again, never AG, I've never called them), so I don't think it's necessarily the caller's fault when things go bad.

    I think members here are using "customer service" in its more well-known, generic sense; as in, the way of a company treats its customers ( [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_service"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_service[/ame] ), not in reference to a specific department at AG.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 06, 2006 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  3. #43
    mypinkmermaid
    Guest mypinkmermaid's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Melissa:
    I don't think it's necessarily the caller's fault when things go bad.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I agree with you, but a little "smile in our voice" never hurt either. Like you said, if the person we are talking to has had a bad day, or just dealt with a frustrating customer, that is hard to bounce back from, and some kindness from their current caller goes a long way towards making a positive experience.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only reason they don't want you to share them is because they loose money. In my opinion [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] cry me a river AG. I think their prices are outragous and they over charge us on a lot of their items. Especially when the item has been turned to plastic and it increases in price when it is reintroduced. I also would never probably get a code because they send me a catalog one time for every five catalogs everyone else on this board receives. I have ordered with the code over the phone before and they never question it so I wouldn't worry about it if you are ordering over the phone next time and hesitant about using the code.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was a waitress for a year and worked at a deparment store for almost as long. I know all about customer service and about how people treat you/approach you impacting your mood.

    I make a point to be nice to people in*****py, low wage service jobs because I have been there and it's the hardest money I've ever earned.

    The way call center folks have treated me at AG in the past is not acceptable, however - like I'm annoying them. Once I wanted to order a club item, and the girl told me she couldn't help me because no "club" specialists were in . . . and I am talking about paying money for a club item, not stars. I've had a couple of people work really hard at AG to be super nice and helpful, but that is it - 2 out of oh, 7-8 times I've called. It's ridiculous.

  6. #46
    mypinkmermaid
    Guest mypinkmermaid's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Molly92:
    The only reason they don't want you to share them is because they loose money.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is so untrue! They do want us to share the codes, (it's a marketing ploy, folks!) because the more we are encouraged to buy, the more they make!

  7. #47
    Inactive Member ninasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They should have a mystery shopper program if they care about improving their services.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member lacherig's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2005
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mypinkmermaid:

    I think that's what it comes down to, is what kind of mood you are in when you call, and what kind of experience you invite, or tolerate.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you for bringing that up. I've worked in retail for the last six years (since I was 16) and it has consistently been the worst experience of my life. Overall, customers are rude and sour the moods of salespeople. No one goes to work hoping to have a bad day, but when customer after customer takes their bad day out on you, it gets rough. I've been in tears after some customers. And don't even get me started on the customers who complain about inane things until they get their way and then tell me that I was wrong when, in fact, I can take out the company handbook and tell them I was right.

    Yes, this has struck a chord. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  9. #49
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by ninasmom:
    They should have a mystery shopper program if they care about improving their services.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would LOVE to be a mystory shoper!!! Who wouldn't!!?!! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member ckropp's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I struggle with the fact that new costumers appear to be given a break on shipping or codes. When you are a faithfull customer and one who buys on a regular basis I feel you should also be rewarded. I think AG lacks in its loyalty to customers. I would think they want the repeat business. Ha it not been for the kindness of this board I would never have recieved a code.

    Cathy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •